February 2020 (version 1.34.0)
Welcome to the new DeepScan updates!
Please kindly go ahead with the highlights for the latest release.
This version includes a number of updates that we hope you've found some of them helpful.
The key highlights are:
We keep enhancing our rules. Check out the newly introduced rules!
- BAD_TEST_WITH_GLOBAL_REGEXP - Use the
test()method of a regular expression with the global flag with a caution (Thanks to @GHengeveld)
- REACT_BAD_CHILD_GENERATOR - Do not set a generator object as a child of React element
- Recognize the resolved value type of
AsyncGeneratorobjects more precisely
- Analyze React
this.setState()return value as
- Improve the precision of recognizing React
PropTypedeclarations when object spreads are used
We have added more ESLint plugins which are missing in the analysis.
For details about ESLint analysis, see the Using ESLint.
- Require login to view files in public projects due to an authorization deprecation from GitHub. To read files from GitHub, DeepScan now uses a user's token rather than its own token.
- In the project settings, support a filter on rule name to Rules for easier rule selection
- In the Files view, trim trailing whitespaces of a search input
- Show an error message explicitly when showing files over 1 MB
- Show the branch name in the analysis result email
- Update rule examples up-to-date
- Instead of UNUSED_REQUIRE, detect UNUSED_VAR_ASSIGN alarm when the
require()result is overwritten by another assignment
- Notification for new analysis results does not work properly
- In the ESLint analysis, sometimes an error message is truncated
- In the code fragment of the Issues view, a newline character is appended for an alarm at the last line
- A false alarm for REACT_MISMATCHED_TYPE_OF_PROP may occur when a JSX spread attribute is used
- An AMBIGUOUS_BRANCH_BODY alarm is missed when
forloop has a variable declaration
- An async generator function is incorrectly treated as an async function
Thank you to the following folks who help to make DeepScan better!